Air Purger (CPA)
Cool Partners have developed an Air Purger
The CPA, that has proven to be highly efficient while being very simple to operate.The Air Purger utilize the lowest temperature and the highest pressure available in the system to acheive the highest possible degree of separation between the air and the refrigerant.
In our experience – air, water and oil are the cause of most problems in refrigeration systems.
- Loosing capacity over the years
- Capacity problems during the summer
- Increased power consumption
- Higher service/maintenance costs
- Oil decomposing
- Unexplained behavior…
What happens with air in the system?
- Occupies condenser surface = higher condensing pressures
- Blocking drainage of liquid
- Chemical reactions take place = oxidation of oil and metals
- Control problems due to air pockets
(e.g. HP float valves)
As a consequence…
A 1°C increase in condensing pressure means approx…
- 1% lower cooling capacity
- 3% Lower COP
- 3.1% Higher Power Consumption (for a given capacity)